June 17, 1925 – January 22, 2019
Store to Door will always remember Jean Pierce as one of our most extraordinary volunteers. Jean passed away peacefully at her home in Portland, Oregon on January 22nd, 2019. She was surrounded by her loving family.
Jean’s legacy and impact on the Portland community transcends her time with us; thanks to her many contributions as a volunteer, board member and friend. Jean led by example, giving throughout her entire life to various volunteer commitments. Store to Door is so fortunate to have been one of Jean’s longest-term recipients of her passion for service, having volunteered with us for over 25 years.
Through her volunteerism, she inspired others. Store to Door would not be what it is today without her dedication. Jean often said, “It makes me feel better to do something for someone else”. She will be remembered and missed by many for her kind and humble heart, dependability, and impeccable style!
Here are some of the highlights of Jean’s service:
- Engaged in major volunteer and advocacy activities with Store to Door for over 25 years, shopping an estimated 3,000 grocery orders since 1990!
- Served on the Board of Directors for Store to Door with distinction for 5 years
- Participated in countless Store to Door activities and made significant contributions to the organization
- Inspired the creation of Store to Door’s “Love League” a recognition campaign for volunteers who have given over 5 years of service to the organization
Over the years, Jean was recognized for her significant contributions which included:
- Store to Door Extraordinary Volunteer award, 2013
- Points of Light award recipient in May, 2016
- Identified by KATU as an “Every Day Hero” in March, 2017
- Winner of the Peter R. Marsh Foundation Silent Servant Award in April, 2017
- Inaugural Board Member Emeritus in January, 2019
If you knew Jean, and would like to be notified of the date for her Celebration of Life you can let us know by visiting this page.