VOLUNTEER COORDINATOR INTERNSHIP
Duration: 3 months
Hours: Part-time, 10-15 hours/week, occasional evening and weekend hours
Days Required: 2 schedules available
|Option 1||Option 2|
Wednesday (8 am – 10 am required)
Thursday (8 am – 10 am required)
|Wednesday (8 am – 10 am required)
Thursday (8 am – 10 am required)
Reports To: Volunteer & Outreach Manager
Application Deadline: June 1, 2017
Position Summary: The Volunteer Coordinator is responsible for ongoing volunteer recruitment, training, coordination, support, and recognition.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
- Recruit volunteers: publishing recruitments in print and online, scheduling and attending outreach fairs and events, giving presentations, serving as a representative of Store to Door at various events and networking opportunities, and collaborating with Hands on Greater Portland.
- Support the organization’s goal of increased visibility and volunteer engagement through public relations and marketing activities (press releases and social media).
- Screen volunteer applications and place volunteers in appropriate positions based on volunteer preferences/skills, program protocols, logistics, and geographic location.
- Train and provide orientation for volunteer groups and individuals. Provide information on program history and procedures; volunteer roles and expectations; aging and social services currently available to elders in our community; and strategies for facilitating client self-advocacy and gatekeeper advocacy. Conduct job specific training (order taking or administrative).
- Provide ongoing volunteer management, support, and recognition.
- Communicate with volunteers before and after project activities
- Manage volunteer database and provide monthly reports.
- Maintain positive relationships with volunteers and corporate contacts via email, telephone, and in person contact.
- Organize volunteer/partner appreciation and networking events.
- Collaborate with the Volunteer & Outreach Manager as well as the Program Manager and other staff to ensure all program and volunteer needs are met effectively in a timely manner.
- Evaluate the impact of Store to Door’s volunteer program and measure volunteer satisfaction by utilizing annual surveys.
Required Abilities and Skills:
- Fluent in English
- Vehicle available to perform job duties
- Must pass criminal background check
- Knowledge of and passion for senior services
- Proficiency with computer applications including web-based applications as well as MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills including the ability to set priorities and organize multiple projects.
- Strong written and oral communications skills, including editing and proofreading
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and inter-dependently
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of information
- Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with volunteers, staff, community partners, and potentially clients
- Ability to work in a team environment and effectively communicate with diverse populations including minority, low income and persons with disabilities
Desired Abilities and Skills:
- Experience with volunteer management, recruitment, and retention
- Familiarity with social media platforms
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g. Non-Profit Management, Volunteer Management, Program Management)
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
Fast paced, with significant people interaction. Ability to lift up to 40lbs. Minimal reaching, bending and stooping. Sitting for extended periods of time. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, 10 key and phone.
Commitment to Equity:
Store to Door strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBT individuals, those with disabilities, and those with working class backgrounds to apply. We are working toward a comprehensive equity and diversity plan and are dedicated to improving outcomes for communities of color and other underserved populations.
Send cover letter & resume to Jobs@storetodooroforegon.org. We have a very client-focused culture. Please include a paragraph in your cover letter detailing how the mission of Store to Door connects with your interests.