Store to Door is seeking a dynamic individual to join our team as the Volunteer & Outreach Manager!
Job Title: Volunteer & Outreach Manager
Reports To: Director of Development
FLSA Status: Exempt
Office Location: SW Portland (Multnomah Village)
Store to Door supports independent living for Portland area seniors and people with disabilities by providing a low-cost, volunteer-based grocery shopping and delivery service. Our award-winning organization is the only one of its kind in Oregon. This year, over 600 volunteers will help us make 8,800 deliveries to 500+ elders. We’ve been delivering nourishment and social connections to homebound people in our community for over 25 years.
The Volunteer & Outreach Manager is responsible for ongoing volunteer recruitment, training, coordination, support, and recognition. These responsibilities include corporate partnership development and building general community awareness for Store to Door’s program. Goals include increasing the number of volunteers and volunteer hours; securing on-going corporate volunteer commitments; and supporting the process of engaging corporate donors. We desire candidates who have a passion for serving older adults and are professional, friendly, and organized.
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
• Recruit volunteers by identifying and contacting corporate and business partner prospects, publishing recruitments in print and online, scheduling and attending outreach fairs and events, giving presentations, serving as a representative of Store to Door at various events and networking opportunities, and collaborating with Hands on Greater Portland.
• Support the organization’s goal of increased visibility and volunteer engagement through public relations and marketing activities.
• Coordinate and lead Store to Door’s Corporate Outreach Committee, which consists of board members and community volunteers, and primarily focuses on corporate and business engagement. Collaborate with Development Director and Executive Director to develop prospects for corporate and business sponsorships.
• Screen volunteer applications conduct background checks and interviews. Refine Store to Door’s application process as needed. Place volunteers in appropriate positions based on volunteer preferences/skills, program protocols, logistics, and geographic location.
• Train and provide orientation for volunteer groups and individuals. Provide information on program history and procedures; volunteer roles and expectations; aging and social services currently available to elders in our community; and strategies for facilitating client self-advocacy and gatekeeper advocacy. Conduct job specific training (order taking or administrative).
• Provide ongoing volunteer management, support, and recognition.
o Manage volunteer database and provide monthly reports.
o Maintain positive relationships with volunteers and corporate contacts via email, telephone, and in person.
o Organize volunteer/partner appreciation and networking events.
o Collaborate with Program Manager and other staff to ensure all program and volunteer needs are met effectively in a timely manner.
• Evaluate the impact of Store to Door’s volunteer program and measure volunteer satisfaction by utilizing annual surveys.
• Provide support to all departments, which demonstrates respect, teamwork and collaboration with staff, volunteers and community partners
• Other duties as assigned
Education & Knowledge
• Bachelor degree in Community Engagement, Social Work, Nonprofit Management or related field
• Knowledge of volunteer recruitment and retention strategies
Skills, Abilities & Experience
• Demonstrated hands-on experience and proficiency with computer applications including MS Office Suite: Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Publisher. Comfortable with computer applications and web-based applications.
• Demonstrated experience in volunteer recruitment, management, coordination and retention; experience engaging highly skilled corporate volunteers preferred
• Demonstrated skills and proficiency in the production of formal reports and presentations
• Excellent organizational and time management skills including the ability to set priorities and organize multiple projects. Must be flexible to changing deadlines and last-minute work assignments
• Strong written and oral communications skills, including editing and proofreading
• Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work independently and inter-dependently
• Ability to maintain confidentiality and security of information
• Ability to build and maintain strong working relationships with volunteers, staff and community partners
• Vehicle available to perform job duties
• Ability to work in a team environment and effectively communicate with diverse populations including minority, low income and persons with disabilities
• Knowledge of and passion for senior services
• Must pass criminal background check
Any satisfactory combination of experience, training and/or education which ensures the ability to perform the work may substitute for the above qualifications.
Working Conditions/Physical Demands
Fast paced, with significant people interaction. Ability to lift up to 40lbs. Minimal reaching, bending and stooping. Sitting for extended periods of time. Dexterity of hands and fingers to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, 10 key and phone.
Store to Door offers full-time employees a health care stipend; paid vacation, holidays, personal days, and volunteer time; as well as a supportive and flexible work environment.
Please provide a cover letter and resume as one PDF attachment (brevity is appreciated); email your application to Katharine@StoretoDoorofOregon.org with the subject line “Volunteer & Outreach Manager.”
Applications will be reviewed as they are received and will be accepted until 5pm on 4/21/16.