2013 was a banner year for us! We moved our office to Multnomah Village, right next door to the Meals on Wheels People, and due to a re-model at the Stadium Fred Meyer, we moved our shopping site to Hollywood Fred Meyer. Both of these new locations have been fruitful homes for our work.
Our clients continued to give us positive feedback. According to the 2013 client survey, not only do 98% of them feel that we help them to maintain their independence, 93% would recommend us to a friend. There is no greater compliment than that.
Below is an overview of some of our outcomes from 2013:
- Store to Door volunteers and staff served 405 clients, most of whom receive groceries every week. Together, we completed 6,500 orders.
- 250 volunteers gave 9,248 hours of service and received much praise from clients, “Debbie has a sixth sense for helping me to get the right things when I order. And can I adopt my delivery driver?”
- Contributions to the organization increased by 90%
- 95% of our clients thought that our service was affordable. “I wouldn’t question the fee for a minute.”
- 97% of our clients felt more socially supported after enrolling in Store to Door’s volunteer-based program.
- 100% of clients identified as at risk were referred for additional services.
This article featured in our most recent Newsletter which is sent to all of our supporters. Subscribe now!