Store to Door is the only grocery service specifically designed to meet the needs of seniors and people with disabilities.
- We phone our clients every week and take their order, if they have one.
- If the store doesn’t have an item requested, we will call from the store to offer alternatives.
- Deliveries are once a week; we will even help put groceries away!
- If the store carries it, we can bring it! Store to Door delivers groceries, prescription medications, postage stamps, bus and lift tickets, toiletries and household items.
- We can apply store coupon credits to orders.
- We help clients utilize SNAP (Supplementary Nutrition Assistance Program) benefits, and can bill delivery fees to Multnomah County for clients with OPI (Oregon Project Independence) homecare entitlements.
- Upon delivery, clients pay their grocery bill and delivery fee. Delivery fees are 10% of the total grocery bill (prescriptions are not included in the calculation), with a minimum of $3 . We leverage community support to supplement the actual cost of service.
- Our service is inexpensive and reliable.
- Store to Door is a non-profit agency that has served Portland since 1989.
- We care! Our staff and volunteers are conscientious and friendly.
- We try to make sure the same order-taker and delivery-driver are assigned to the same client each week.
- Our volunteers and staff reduce clients’ isolation by building relationships through weekly phone calls and visits.
Call to enroll: 503-200-3333