Call for Board Members
Store to Door seeks two new Board Members with proven ability to lead in times of growth and change, as well as a passion for serving low-income seniors and people with disabilities.
Your expertise in these areas is particularly desirable:
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
Commitment to Equity
Store to Door strongly encourages people of color, women, LGBT individuals, those with disabilities, and those with working class backgrounds to apply. We are working toward a comprehensive equity and diversity plan and are dedicated to improving outcomes for communities of color and other underserved populations.
Store to Door supports independent living for Portland area seniors and people with disabilities by providing a low-cost, volunteer based shopping and delivery service.
Established in 1989, Store to Door delivers groceries, prescription medications, and household supplies to seniors and people with disabilities. Store to Door serves most of Multnomah County and parts of Washington County and is the only service of the kind in the area. This volunteer-driven organization makes over 8,000 deliveries and friendly visits a year. We target our services to those who need us most, individuals who are ages 65+, have a disability, are low-income, and live alone.
Income and mobility limitations should not be barriers to health, dignity, or independence. Store to Door envisions the Portland metro area as a community where every senior and person with a disability is nourished, cared for, and able to age in the setting of their choice.
- Participate in 6 board meetings annually
- Make a personally significant annual financial contribution to Store to Door
- Serve on at least one committee and agree to take on special assignments
- Actively participate in board governance, including administrative, financial and program oversight
- Be familiar with program activities
- Freely share resources, professional knowledge, and expertise
- Act as an ambassador of the organization, ready to communicate Store to Door’s mission, services, policies and programs in a consistently positive manner
- Keep apprised of public policy changes and developments in the economy and society that affect Store to Door’s program
- Adhere to conflict of interest and confidentiality policies
Board Application Process
- Initial contact by Executive Director, Board President or Board Member
- Volunteer or take a tour of the shopping operations
- Submit the Board Application form to: Kiersten Ware, Store to Door, 7730 SW 31st Ave. Portland, OR 97219
- Attend a board meeting for a short get-to-know session
- Decision for board appointment will be made within two days
Kiersten Ware, Executive Director by calling 503-200-3333.